6.6kV Mk1 Half Coupler
Flameproof Half Coupler Type 66MK1A
Specifically designed for use on 500A circuits up to 6600 Volts. ATEX Approved. Requires resin filling to complete installation. Manufactured in corrosion-resistant gunmetal. Voltage - Suitable for up to 6600 Volts. Weight - 30kg unfilled (42kg filled). To maintain flameproof certification it is important that the full cable specification and outside diameter are supplied at the point of ordering.
- Compact size and lightweight.
- Able to operate at 6600 Volts.
- Simple design.
- Provision for 3 contact tubes (crimped) as standard. Optional up to 7 pilot/auxiliary.
Specifically designed for underground coal mining. Requires two resin kits GPC18-1 to complete installation. The Type 66MK1A range of Half Couplers is suitable for unarmoured and pliable wired armoured cables (PWA) and are able to accommodate cable with the following limits:
- Voltage: - 6600 Volts.
- Current: - 500 Amps.
- Conductor CSA: - 185mm2 Max.
- Diameter Range: - 95 mm Max.
- Configuration: - 3 contact tubes with optional 6 pilot / auxiliary contacts.
Full cable specification is required at the time of order to ensure the correct part is supplied. To maintain flameproof certification it is important that the full cable specification and outside diameter are supplied at the point of ordering.